Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have recently taken delivery of a Toshiba DVR20KB

Customer Question

I have recently taken delivery of a Toshiba DVR20KB DVD/Video Cassette Recorder. I have connected it to a SKY HD box and the output is aHMDI socket to the TV.
The signal strength is terrible and a lot of noise on the audio signal.
What am I doing wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that our having this problem.

I am Tech Michael, if I could call you I can explain exactly how to wire this up.

I will try to send you an offer for a phone call. If you accept, as per Just Answer, I will call you at your earliest convenience even now would work for me.

Otherwise we can do this through text.

In that case, please let me knwo how you have all of it wired? Inputs/ Outputs etc and type of connectors.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dear Tech Michael,
Sorry for slow response.The connection between the Sky+HD box and the Toshiba is via a Skart lead from the DVD/VCR SCART socket on the Sky box to the AV2 (DECODER) socket on the Toshiba. I am using the HDMI output socket on the Toshiba to connect to the TV but I have also used a Skart lead to do this with no difference. Similarly I have tried different Skart leads to make the connection just in case there was a lead issue. Consequently I am mystified and need more ideas.

Thank you for that info.

Try just connecting the Video player to the TV by itself, Go from the Output on the video player to an open input on your TV. HDMI Coax, what ever is available. If yours has a coax connector on the back of the video player please let me know?

Then try the various menu inputs until you get to the one you are actually plugged into from the video player.

Thank you for your patience.

Tech Michael