Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I'm from Ireland and I purchased a Aquavision out door tv 3

Customer Question

Hello I'm from Ireland and I purchased a Aquavision out door tv 3 years ago for a price of £5,500 plus vat We have only used it for about 50 hours viewing and now the picture has got different colours running through it and all steamed up we left it on for a few hours and the steamey like thing cleared up but picture didn't the company I purchased it from told me the part is £3,500 could this be right
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: AQULH55 55 INCH I HAVE ANOTHER CODE WHICH IS AQAR55
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: EVERY THING WORKS FINE BAR THE SCREEN
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: IT WAS THE FIRST TIME WE TOOK THE COVER OFF AFTER THE WINTER AND WHEN WE TURNED IT ON IT WAS FULL OF CONDANSATION BUT THAT CLEARED AND THE SCREEN IS ALL DIFFERENT COLOURS, I HAVE A PICTURE OF THE SCREEN I CAN E MAIL IT TO YOU
Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: IS IT OK IF I GOT YOUR TELEPHONE NO SO MY HUSBAND CAN CALL YOU RIGHT AWAY AND HE CAN TELL YOU EVERYTHING ITS JUST HES OUT ON THE ROAD
Category: TV
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else or if your husband was able to get the support he needed via the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have your telephone number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just tried calling that number but the phone is off whats going on iv paid my money
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Im afraid I dont know what number you are trying to call, however can assist you further here by typing if you prefer.

With regard to the fault do you know what part is at fault? It sounds like the screen panel has failed which is by far the most expensive part within the TV, however the fault on the TV panel was likely been caused by a build up of condensation inside the housing (which should not have happened), resulting in a short across the terminals around the flat panel screen.

I appreciate the condensation dissipated, but by this time the damage had been done, so you also need to address the faulty seal in the housing which resulted in condensation forming inside and the reason why the screen failed in the first place.

With out the engineer confirming they have identified the fault in the housing, I would be reluctant to proceed with repair, as the likelihood is the same fault will reoccur in 18 months time.