info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Why does my teletext not work on my Philips 6400 43" tv?

Customer Question

Why does my teletext not work on my Philips 6400 43" tv? Light on tv flickers when I press remote button but text does not connect
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble, other than using the remote what else have you done to try and fix this?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I have done is change the batteries but no difference! When I press for teletext the Philips logo light flashes as normal just like when you change channels, but the teletext does not connect! Even when the "red" button appears on the top left of the screen and I press "ok" to activate it still does not engage
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

OK please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box you may be using by disconnecting BOTH from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again, let me know if there is any change in the situation

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not worked! I have rebooted tv and and checked installation which is on auto channel set up as usual! I cannot find anything in the menu or settings that relate to the teletext
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Has this previously been working and when please?

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

How old is the set?is it a CRT set?

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

And just to clarify you are referring to teletext?that is ceefax etc?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do not know what crt is? T V is a PHILIPS 6400, 43" 4k android ultra hd. Model number 43PUS6401/12. Teletext is only available on BBC CHANNELS! Thought CEEFAX was old ITV SET UP! TV was bought last December so is less than 12months old! Teletext just stopped working about a week ago!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Its the bbc red button service is what you mean its not teletext although you press a text button its teletext that is defunct now I had to ask as many people still think its available with CRT sets (old bulky sets)

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

So that being said has the set been connected to the internet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No internet connection to TV, although it comes built in, but not activated! Have only got internet WiFi for my laptop, and not TV! The only thing connected to my TV is my blue ray player!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Its very very likely the set needs a system software update, for that it will need to connect to the internet and the software setting activated the set will then advise itself

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

It may already be set for auto updates in which case once you connect the set to the internet it will do everything itself

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

These sets are designed to be connected to the internet at all times

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

As periodically it WILL need to update just like a laptop does

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

If you need more help let me know

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Thank You for the rating that information is the cure a bandaid fix that may correct this is a full reset of the Tv, there will be a reset option in the settings menu

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

I am referring to a full factory reset or shipping reset all your custom settings will return to factory default, if this option is not available in the settings menu then the set for sure will need to be connected to internet

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Anthony. Thank you for all your advice and input. I have connected to internet through my TV and activated a software update as you suggested! (Did this last night!) Eureka! It seems to of worked as about 11am today I pressed teletext button and it burst into life! MHEG as not told me it is going off yet ! Fingers crossed! Thank you once again! Richard
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

That is great news

Anthony