info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have an hitachi lcd tv model number V14G13912 picture is

Customer Question

HI I have an hitachi lcd tv model number V14G13912 picture is fine but has sound fault . with no other equipment connected just Aerial sound keeps briefly appearing and goes off, comes back briefly and goes off again keeps doing this all the time I have tried reset by unplugingand and connecting tv after 10 minutes also have tried connecting dvd player on scart connection but same result sound appears briefly then goes off and reappears thengoes off again keeps doing this all the time
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approximately between 5-10 yrs old
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes menu works fine , yes I have the same problem with other sources connection
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: by the way I am a tv engineer, what happend before is the customer brought tv in and said no picture , I replaced led strips and this cured picture fault but i assumed the sound was ok when customer brought in for repair. but when i contacted the customer he said the sound was ok before . my mistake was i did not check the sound before curing picture fault
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no thats it
Category: TV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi whats happenning about my question i asked earlier
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  info tech replied 3 months ago.

Welcome

Sorry for delay, the model number you sent is not coming up could you please re-check?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SORRY CORRECT MODEL NUMBER 42HXT42U
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
BUT i HAVE ALREADY PAID £24.00
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
FIRST OF ALL WHY HAVE YOU CHARGED ME £24.00 INSTEAD OF £15.00
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Whats going on why iam inot getting answers to my questions nor has anybody rang me yet ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
why if he cant he call me,then why cant he have live chat with me on text ?
I am sorry for delays here however not sending the correct model number does not help also we are not here 24_7 , I am not privvy to billing you need to speak with customers service from homepage for that
You have req a phone call however if that does not get done u are better off just continuing with text
Let me know when you are comfortable with billing
I am currently out on a call but will be back in a hour
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry about this but i would not have enquired ,any further if you would have text me like you did now that you were out on call i would have waited , but because i didnt get response i had to text and ask what was happenning with my querry

OK if you try another input like a DVD player does it do the same thing?do you have another input to try?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already tried dvd in scart input.

And is it behaving the same way?intermittent sound?

I am assuming it is, in that case you do have a problem with the main-board inside the set, the sound amp is mounted on the mainboard and its this board that will need to be replaced is this something you think you can do yourself?just to clarify we are talking about a plug in board no soldering no setting up

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already done this .replaced main board for another oredered from ebay , as a last resort before contacting you . i have also tried software updating ,re tunning all the stations again replacing speakers ,still same intt sound fault , and as for capability I am a city and guilds qaulified tv engineer have 15 years experience in repairing .the only reason I asked for your help was maybe there is a setting which i am not aware of or because I have no service manual or schematic diagram therefore i cannot check audio output chip for audio signals .

No setting the mainboard does it all, you did trace the speaker wires back to the mainboard?it doesnt go to a sub board of any kind?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no there is no other board its all connected to the main av board I can send you picture. I now think it can only be the main board as the one I have replaced is second hand ordered from Bay and may have the same fault ie may be common problem on audio section . can you supply me with audio output circuit reference number or ic part number? i can try replacing audio output chip

Is it the exact same symptoms as the original board?

It is possible there may be a common issue, I do not know of it however and replacing parts on these boards is not recommended due to the liability for error, you should just get the board swapped again indicating they have sent a faulty board this is what I would do ,it can after all only be that board

Where did you sit your city and guilds in TV ?I was kind of aware that this had been replaced many moons ago by a electronics servicing cert?poss 20 plus years ago

I sat the 5 year course (2 days a week) 222 course this covered TV\ electronics\ Radio \and tape recording all now sadly defunct well except for the good grounding in electronics which was\is the keystone of it all TV meaning the CRT sets

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done city & guilds 224 parts 1,2,&3 you are right on crt tvs , but I am working on led and lcd tvs from my home workshop ,basics are all the same wether crt ,lcd or led tvs I will contact you tommorow as I am going out now thanks bye

Not sure if I agree with you on that but yes let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I just need an answer to my question if you cant provide this than, we do not need to proceed any further.

I have already provided it, you will need to get another main-board nothing else on there does anything with the sound

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry that has not helped as I already replaced the main board before contacting you.I also did other necessary checks before contacting you . like I mentioned before, I was expecting something different from you , which I understand now there is no other solution except to replace main board again.therefore I am going to finish this conversation .

There is no other solution, you need to send the board back that you got , this is not unusual 1 in every 5 boards I get is bad, the boards are not new but pulled from damaged screen sets

The only oddity is its showing the exact same issue UNLESS those LED strips you fitted are somehow arcing?have you thought of that?that will cause breakthrough on the sound

Actually that seems more plausible, you should go over what you did

Nothing else that anyone can tell you on this particularly if you may have caused the issue yourself

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have ordered another main board from different supplier see how I get on with that ,if still same then maybe you are right led strip i replaced may be arcing ,need to wait till new board arrives, will be in contact again thanks after new board arrives Thanks.

OK yes I will be interested to know thanks

Anthony