info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have an attention seeking Panasonic DMR 530,now 10months

Customer Question

I have an attention seeking Panasonic DMR PWT 530,now 10months out of warranty.
A month ago ,the Standby LED started to flicker and the Tv did not switch on in the usual way when the DMR was switched on.(HDMI cable between the two).
Having had some unfortunate problems with the electrolytics in my DMR EX75 and EZ25 machines,I removed all the electrolytics in the PSU and tested them on an LCR meter: all well within spec.Reassembled ,all worked perfectly...............for about 3 Hrs.! Stripped down again and refloated a number of the soldered joints,non of which looked too bad ( always distrusted lead-free solder!).Reassembled,problem solved...........for 5 days!
In desperation,I stripped it down yet again today,again,worked perfectly for a few hours.I noticed that the transformer and the switching FET seem to run rather warm.The machine works perfectly when switched on via the remote control.My worry is that problems tend to get worse ,rather than better!
Would you advise component replacement or replacing the whole board? E-Bay seems to have every sort of board but the one for the 530. Can you advise on a source?
With thanks,
Howard Thompson.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having problems here please let me know you are in the chat by replying below please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am still here!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/bd/download/pwt530/index.html

Click the above link its far more likely to be bad firmware

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Be sure to click the UK area for the download and then follow the guide , this does not sound like a hardware issue at all

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

If you need more help with it the question is open for 30 days so bookmark this page

Let me know if there is any other queries

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 29 days ago.

Anthony