Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I bought a used Toshiba television from a friend who forgot

Hi, I bought a used Toshiba television from a friend who forgot to give me the power cord I bought an upolarized one from best buy just now but the TV doesn't seem to be turning on; the power button is lighting up red however
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model number 40L310U it's about a year old maybe a year and a half
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get to the TV menu it doesn't have a remote, we just used it for netflix using the hdmi chromecast
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It hadn't been used for the summer it was in storage before it worked fine
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I wasn't sure if the unpolarized power cable was the correct choice and I don't need to use this TV for satellite cable, just to use chromecast alright
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried to push power button on TV itself to switch it On?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's the button lighting up red
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have a remote for this tv so that's the only way to turn it on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, please check side panel of TV for set of control buttons, top one is Power.

Push it once that should switch On TV power.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see a side panel, unless you mean the panel on the back with the HDMI cables?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nevermind found it thank you!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Excellent, glad to know that.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Click following link to download user manual copy of this TV for detailed operating instructions, if needed..

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1086779/Toshiba-40l310u.html?page=15#manual

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.