info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Tv goes blank and 'no signal' message comes up Assistant:

tv goes blank and 'no signal' message comes up
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: bt infinity
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: tried bypassing direct to tv
Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: been happening for a while
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 28 days ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, can you explain "tried bypassing direct to tv" ?are you using a satellite or cable box?

Anthony

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ordinary ariel with booste tv box is bt youviewr
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
good! plugged aerial directly into tv and still no signal and bt will not start either
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

So you are saying it does this with both the aerial AND the box?

If that is the case can you please get me the model number of the TV please found on the back of the set?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
parsonic TX-L37V20BA
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

With the aerial it was working before?the set does not need to be re-tuned or anything?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
By updated their system and the problem has been since then. Maybe months
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

Yes but this would not affect the reception by aerial?you are sure this happens this way too?before I start condemning the set i need to make sure about this otherwise it will lead to a wrong diagnosis, have you tried auto-tuning the set?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Have retuned in past but will try to get in to retune sgsin
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

I suspect the reception by aerial is just a tuning issue, you have a problem with the box or the lead from the box to the TV , you need to contact your provider to swap out the box if its bad....

If you need more help let me know

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
But why should it always drop out and say no signal Are they changing something in the area
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

Try rebooting the box ...unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again if its still the same get them to swap the box as its bad

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you I was suspecting that. As I have Reid rebooting it already. Ttfn
Expert:  info tech replied 27 days ago.

Anthony