info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic TV bought a couple of years ago, large

Customer Question

Hi, good morning. I have a Panasonic TV bought a couple of years ago, large screen, what 8 am finding is that there are blurred black smudge spots running along the bottom of the screen. These spots are visible when the screen has a light or white background from the TV program but also can be seen watching football. How would I go about fixing these spots? I have cleaned the screen which had no effect.Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

Welcome

I will need the full model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The device informationFS-PAN-01B-0002-3FFB
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

Sorry that looks like a serial number model may begin TH or TX

Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

Or TC-P or TC-L

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
TX-65AX902B
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

How old is the set please?

If you use another input like a DVD player or similar,or a streaming service like netflix can you see this on there too?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The model is about 2 years old and yes I can still see the grey smudges - they are like spots running along the bottom if the screen and at the top mainly vusabke when broadcast screen is light colour is white but can be visible when watching football at grass level
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can see the grey smudges when watching Apple TV or Netflix
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

I do not have good news about this, it really is sounding like a bad panel (screen) I do hope you have extended warranty with this?or you have bought extended warranty because the panel is going to need to be replaced, or the set swapped, the panel is about the worse thing that can happen with modern sets unfortunately its a very common issue, let me know

Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

The screen is the most expensive part of the set ordinarily its not replaced because of cost but if its under warranty they may do that

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi thanks - I don’t have extended warranty but disappointing from a Panasonic product point of view - I will wait a year then replace with another brand - appreciate your help
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

Your Welcome please when you do replace get as much extended warranty as you can ,many retailers offer this at no extra cost like costco for example ,its very important as TVs are very fickle, costco do 3 and 4 years for nothing extra.if you need more help let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony