Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

My hitachi TV has gone black. a red light is showing and the

Customer Question

My hitachi TV has gone black. a red light is showing and the remote is stuck on “SAT”. Please please help
Category: TV
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have tried turning off the tv completely and taking batteries out the remote, neither have worked
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv?
If you press the menu button, on the tv itself or the hitachi remote, does that show on screen?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I really can’t get to the back of the TV, it’s like stuck to the wall and also not my TV. NO NOTHING SHOWS ON THE SCREEN HELP ME PLEASE!
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

There are many variables here so without basic info like the model number it is difficult to properly diagnose this.

Most wall mounts tip/tilt/pull out to access the connections and view the model info, can you try again for me please?
If absolutely not possible, can you at least tell me the age of the tv and size of the screen (diagonal inches)?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Again, not my TV so I don’t know any of this
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I pressed a bunch of buttons on the remote and I think that’s why this has happened
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You know what, if you don’t mind I think I’d like my money back. Because of the 30 day money back guarantee, thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

That is more likely just a coincidence. If you can get the requested information, then I can help you under the fees you've already paid.

I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well I cannot access it
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

I understand if you can't see the model. If you can get the other details, ask the owner, etc then I'll be able to help.