Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My tv won't turn and the red light keeps flashing the tv is

hi my tv won't turn and the red light keeps flashing the tv is tc55a553ou
Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: its about 3 years old
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv doesn't turn on at all
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was watching a show last night and the screen went dark
Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: no other than I unplugged the tv for a while to see if it would reset, but it didn't
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Let me know when you are ready

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am ready
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

How long did you leave the tv power cord unplugged for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
about 10 minutes
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

When you plug in the power cord, what happens?

any LED on the front panel on or blinking

any relay clicking

When you press the power button on the tv (not remote), what happens?

any relay clicking

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I press the power button the little red light is constant for about 30 seconds and then it starts blinking, no clicking noise
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

I'm very sorry to say, that blinking LED means this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (substantial previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 so it is worth having the tv looked at.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks. I gave credit card info in the beginning of the interaction, is this a one time charge of $33
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

That looks correct. If you want more billing details you can check out the website help pages.

Please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of the page. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you didn't answer my question. is it a one time charge? or not
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

I am not allowed to discuss billing, all I am allow to say is - That looks correct. If you want more billing details you can check out the website help pages.