Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

My 40 inch Digi mate stopped working. Just went black, its

Customer Question

my 40 inch Digi mate stopped working. Just went black, its only about 4 years old. I put new batteries in the remote, so not the problem. Tried everything but cant get it going.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no there is nothing wrong with my computer its my 40 inch digimate tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Can you tell me the actual model number from the back of the tv?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
its LTV4065WH - PB19PTI
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've already paid £28.00, I'm not paying another £15.00. I'm an 87 years old pensioner, and this is starting to smell like a scam!I demand a refund of my £28.00, I'm not satisfied with this at all.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if I don't get my £28.00 refunded to my debit card account promptly I'm reporting this entire scam to the consumer fraud office.Derek Sykes
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

I wasn't asking you to pay more. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

For me to be able to help you and provide a satisfactory answer, I needed you to provide me with the model number and would ask for a few moments of patience for me to compose a detailed response. Each time you send another message, the process gets delayed and I'm only just now getting all your messages. I'd be happy to help if you would like to proceed, under the fees you've already paid. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Your messages on this site say a full refund if not satisfied, but I will continue with you for now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

You would be able to get a refund if you didn't get an answer.

We're all independent techs here, working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help.

I will go through some diagnostic and troubleshooting information with you here. I cannot guarantee an instant fix however, and I expect to be credited for my time regardless of the outcome, so if your intent would be to pay only for a guaranteed fix, neither I nor any other tech would be willing to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These digihome tvs are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best so yours has lasted many times what would be reasonably expected of it.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the same $300 range as repairs, if not less.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
well its turned on, the indicator light is green but the entire set is dead. So upon consideration I don't need your help, I need a new set. AND A REFUND OF MY £28.00. IM NOT SATISFIED.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

I sent you an answer above already several minutes ago, explaining exactly that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not satisfied and demand my refund as promised in the promo material on this site.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
its a digimate not a digihome tv.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

You may self manage any billing or account matters through the help page.