ISP Cable Tech Support
ISP Cable Tech Support, Customer Service
Experience:  6 years tech support with Cable, Internet and Phone.
20401521

Is it possible to connect an lg soundbar to a linsar tv?

is it possible to connect an lg soundbar to a linsar tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  ISP Cable Tech Support replied 23 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to help you today. Sorry for the delay in response. Someone should have responded to your question by now. I normally don't get on here during the weekend but I saw this and wanted to respond. If you haven't gotten an answer yet, do you have the model numbers for both the TV and sound bar? I'd love to troubleshoot with you. Since we're in different countries (US here), if I don't respond back today, I will tomorrow will the instructions and information you will need.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hello, the tv is 32LED1600 the soundbar is LAS260B thanks

Thank you. I will look into that now.

It appears this won't be an option. This is like a TV of mine in my bedroom that I ran into the same issue with my soundbar. The soundbar requires an optical audio cable to receive the sound and the TV is not built with one. So a few options in order to use it.

The first question I need answered is what is the purpose of this TV in that location?

• Watch TV from a cable box
  • Play video games
  • Watch TV from cable from wall/antenna
  • Watch movies from DVD/BluRay Player

Most newer devices have an optical audio cable port. https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B00NH11H38/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_lp_tr_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8BH09JRW5V7SCDJAFJXY

To ensure we're on the same page, this is the cable I am talking about. My cable box has an Optical Audio port. I connect the cable from my cable box to my speakers and only while watching cable TV I can get my speakers to work.

Normally, I like to have a TV with an optical audio port so anything on the TV (DVD player, cable box, etc) will pass to the speakers. Sometimes, it doesn't work because of hardware limitations. Any other solutions to bypass this limitation would not make a lot of sense considering a new TV with this port would be cheaper.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can clarify anything if you need. If you no longer need assistance, please help me receive credit today by rating me on the top right (hopefully 5 stars!). Have a great rest of your day!

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Primarily simply to watch tv in my living room, I also have an extractor but not sure if I have connected it correctly.

Do you have more information on the device you have? Such as make/model?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
it's an aranka HDMI TO HDMI+Audio model number HD1TO1LR1

To check the connections on that device, you have an HDMI IN which will come from your cable box. Your cable box has HDMI OUT which connects to HDMI IN on this device. Then from this device, HDMI out to your TV and optical audio to your speakers.

I assume the HDMI port is coming from your cable box?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a cable box, jut a tv with antenna on the roof

What are you using that device for? Basically, that is splitting an HDMI connection and taking the audio from it.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hopefully to link the tv with the soundbar, sorry but I'm a dinosaur.

If you want a cool feature and the ability to record some shows on a schedule, this device would help you. You might be able to find a deal around black Friday or look around for pricing. Back in the day, a lot of people had a VCR but nowadays they don't have the optical audio port. Earlier when I said the workaround is a bit costly, it is because of using a device like this below is more but you gain more features. Even if you replaced your TV, you could still use this and not have to reset it up.

https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Streaming-Player-Control-TCD849000V/dp/B075SMDHWC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511190161&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=tivo&psc=1

If you look at the second picture, it will show you the back side. You would plug in the cable from the wall to this device and your speaker to the optical audio port. Then you would use an HDMI cable to your TV to get the picture.

No worries! I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as you. I think it's not working because it's not hooked up in the manner it was designed.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Don't understand!

Basically, the device you have isn't going to work. That's why it's not working.

The only solution you have to get it to work is to get a newer TV with an Optical Audio port. See picture.

The other option is to buy a device that will let you hook up your speakers directly to to it like the Tivo. https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Streaming-Player-Control-TCD849000V/dp/B075SMDHWC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511190161&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=tivo&psc=1

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok thanks

Thank you! Have a great rest of your day!