Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

THE SPEAKER UNIT IN MY FLAT SCREEN SAMSUNG UE 55C8000X

Customer Question

THE SPEAKER UNIT IN MY FLAT SCREEN SAMSUNG UE 55C8000X SOUNDS BLOWN. MAKES UNUSUAL HIGH PITCHED SOUNDS WHEN WATCHING ANYTHING. CAN THIS BE REPLACED ? WHERE CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT UNIT? MANY THANKS
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 23 days ago.

Hello John,

Those speakers can certainly blow out or fail, they are very small and don't have much room to move inside these thin tvs.

While it is possible to fix them, it is generally not practical to do so as the cost of the labor alone to get at them and replace ends up costing nearly as much as the tv is worth, and in the end you'll still have the same poor quality sound that the tv originally had.

What I'd recommend instead is turning of the tvs internal speakers from the sound menu, then hooking up an external system like a soundbar instead. The cost is minimal, less than you'd pay for repairs, and will give you much better quality sound in the end anyway.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan