info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a sharp aquos 40 led smart tv, but the hdmi volume is

i have a sharp aquos 40 led smart tv, but the hdmi volume is terribly low how do i raise it
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble, what is connected to the HDMI inputs please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sky plus and bluray
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

Is the blu-ray sound as low as the sky?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
both as low, normal TV volume is 20 hdmi 40-50
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

OK at this point I will need the full model number found on the back of the set please?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Lc 40cfg6351k i believe
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

OK I need to go through the data for the set,so I will get back to you very soon

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK it will be the morning when I get it as we are going to bed soon we're up at 5
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

OK that is no problem

I have gone through this and there really is no reason why you should not have more higher sound but I believe this may be normal depending on your reply to the next question, is the blu ray louder than the sky or vice versa?so if you used the blu ray do you then need to adjust the sound for the sky (even though both may be low)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
They are very much the same just usual variances with the individual disc been the only difference
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

When you say TV volume what are you referring to?TV volume will be the SKY?or are you referring to an aerial input?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ariel sound output,is 20, sky, bluray has to be at least 40
Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

I find that odd the only time really that the sound could be low is if the SIGNAL for the sound is low from the blu-ray or the sky now as both are the same its contradicting what I just said so I have to assume this is a normal thing for the set as there are no adjustments to increase the volume for hdmi and as you have 60% to play with at the top end (from the 40) then its normal, you could try a complete reset of the TV in the settings menu (in case its a firmware issue) but I don't think this will fix, the only other thing is if BOTH the sky and the blu-ray have low sound signals (you could try a third item like a DVD player) that about covers it.

You do have options like sound bars to use outside of what I just said.

Let me know your thoughts on this please

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 20 days ago.

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony