info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a fault on my panasonic TX-P42S30B plasma tv. When I

Customer Question

I have a fault on my panasonic TX-P42S30B plasma tv.
When I connect to power the screen is dead with no standby led's on. The remote is inoperative. If I press the small power button located on the rear LHS the green led flashes
5 times followed by relay clicks. This only occurs once and then stops. Regards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

There is clearly a short -circuit so there is a failed board in the set could be powerboard could be one of the scan boards,checks with a meter will be needed to verify which,costs of board(s) vary however $100 is considered near the mark if you do this work yourself, I am sorry this is not something easier, if you need more help with it let me know.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have replaced the power board located at the centre position of the tv and the fault persists.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

With plasma's checks are needed with a meter,you have a shorted board but which one will depend on checks

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Do you need any more help with this please?