Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My new Samsung tv. UE55MU6120 how can I set up the tv to

My new Samsung tv. UE55MU6120 how can I set up the tv to listen through my wireless headphones as there doesn't seem to have a normal jackpoint many thanks

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me what model headphones you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Accessory Agents

Do you have an actual model number?
or can you tell me, if you know, if they are bluetooth, or if they have a base station/transmitter unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why have you taken £22 out of my account when I said I didn't want to join Clivemail Thomas

You are not obligated to "join" anything or to a membership or subscription, nor have you signed on for one. You have been charged the appropriate fee for one time help, which is the amount you agreed and signed up for when posting your question.

For me to help you, please provide the requested details.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Nathan my mistake do you have a solution then
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
T V M/ Number UE55MU6120KXXU headphones there not Bluetooth
I have no model number but they work off a transmitter
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've just found on the transmitter this number fmh2020uk also e0682

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Thank you for the information on your system.

The short answer is that you can't use headphones with the tv directly. This is actually the case for all modern tvs. It can be done, but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the base unit for a wireless headphone transmitter.

Best regards,

Nathan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Nathan I'm not to hi-tech but I'll give it some thought and with the help you given I'll get round it many thanks

You're very welcome, Clive.

Sorry I just noticed you're in the UK, the link I sent you was for a US site, here is one that should work better for you: http://amzn.to/2kewB5q

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks Nathan I've got the converter and it seems to be working fine Clive Thomas

You're very welcome, Clive!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nathan don't know if you can answer another Question but do you know what a Internal Land Adaptor it's to go wireless on a TV here's hoping Clive

I assume you mean a lan adapter, what tv are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nathan the TV is Samsung UE55ES8000UModel code UE55ES800UXXU
Thanks Clive

The tv has a built in lan adapter. If that has by chance failed, it is not worth trying to fix it.

You could however plug the tv directly into your modem/router with an ethernet cable, using the LAN port on the back of the tv.

Personally I wouldn't bother with either, you'd be better off connecting an external streaming device to the tv like a firetv or roku: http://amzn.to/2CHsWVX

This is a 2012 model so it is past its service life at this point and most of the apps are no longer supported anyway, even if the lan adapter was working.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many Thanks Nathan I've got a Now TV set up wireless box So I can watch utube etc.I was just wondering if somehow I could have set wireless up on the TV but that's fine thankyou very much Clive Thomas

You're very welcome. I'd just use your set top box, that will provide more for you than the tv would in the first place.