Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Recently purchased a Samsung UK49ku667ou TV. This is

recently purchased a Samsung UK49ku667ou TV. This is connected to Humax FVP 4000T so can record programmes while out and Bose Wave music system for sound, (BOSE purchased a few years ago)as wanted to use my BOSE instead of having to purchase a sound bar. The problem I now have is as the Samsung is a smart TV, I cannot get sound on any of the apps which sit on the Samsung TV, only those apps offered via Humax, box which is very restricted, (no Amazon firm) Sound connection from Humax audio port to Bose wave system. How can I change the set up to get sound through Bose wave system from both Humax box and Samsung TV, so can use all the apps offered on both?

I am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

In order to get sound from the Bose regardless of WHICH source is playing (internet apps- or the Humax box), the Bose must be connected directly to the TV via an OPTICAL cable. In order to know if your Bose is compatible with optical- I would need the full model of the Bose please. If it only uses RCA red and white- then a converter will be needed. Let me know!

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hido not think it has an optical cable as connection is audio link which splits into black and red port which is are the only audio ports, (yellow one not in use) which are at the back of the Bose box

Okay I understand. The only audio out on the Samsung TV itself is the optical jack (digital audio out) so a converter would be needed for the Bose to connect directly to the TV. I am pulling that up now.

The converter at the link below would be needed and will connect to the TV via an optical cable. From there you can plug the Bose red and white RCA cables to the converter and all TV audio will then pass through to the Bose:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Digital-Optical-Analogue-Converter-Black/dp/B0074JZ8ZW

The optical cable that is also needed is at the following link and will connect to the jack labeled "digital audio out" on the TV:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink-Black/dp/B00NH11H38/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515429409&sr=1-7&keywords=optical+cable

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, just ordered both for next day delivery so will be able to confirm if this all work tomorrow. I will rate today and then complete rating tomorrow when received and connected all of this up or come back if I have a problem.Regards

Okay sounds good!