Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My bt tv box only shows one blue light the power light for

Customer Question

My bt tv box only shows one blue light the power light for some it doesn't show the broadband blue light so to won't come on.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: My tv is a Sony and from night to morning the tv remote from bt no longer functions
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I get a message saying a soft wear update recommended but when I press the button to agree nothing happens,
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My tv was working perfectly well last night at 11.30 pm but this morning nothing.
Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of I do have broadband just not through my tv
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Please try turning off your TV, the BT TV box and your BT Broadband Hub box at the mains power for a few minutes and then turning them back on.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already did that before I came on here and nothing changed!

OK, wasn't sure if you'd turned the BT Hub off and On.

Which BT TV Box model is it please?

How is the Hub connected to the BT TV Box, by wire or WiFi?

Is it the TV requiring a software update or the BT TV box?

Best Regards,

Rich

I've done some more research and found a BT troubleshooting guide which might be worth a try:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34832/~/my-bt-tv-box-has-stopped-working-and-isnt-responding

I have also noticed on the BT forums, that BT often send a replacement box when this sort of problem occurs.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich