deardr
deardr, Doctor
Experience:  I have worked in a Medical School for last 10 years as a faculty.
25541092

I have been having frequency/urge to go to the toilet since

Customer Question

I have been having frequency/urge to go to the toilet since having a UTI in March (latest urine test shows all clear)
I went to my Gyno and he diagnosed me with Atrophic Vaginitis and has put me on vagifem, I constantly feel like I am having to hold the urine in, I have no leaks, and always make it to the bathroom in time.
When I was having swabs done my local nurse she thought I had a prolapse as you can quite clearly see my Urethra in my Vagina, although Gyno says not. Is it normal to see your urethra in your vagina?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not happy towait

Please let me know if you wish to continue or whether you would like me to close the question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish to continue

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  deardr replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry for the delay.

Were any investigations done to see for the prolapse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

The nurse when doing swabs, thought I had a prolapse as she can clearly see the urethra in my vagina. My GP thought I was okay.

Expert:  deardr replied 3 years ago.

I see that you have attached an image. I do not see it though {it looks blank}.
Expert:  deardr replied 3 years ago.

When the muscles and ligaments supporting a woman's pelvic organs weaken, the pelvic organs may slip out of place leading to prolapse. If you have mild prolapse, treatment usually isn't needed. But if prolapse makes you uncomfortable or disrupts your normal life, you might benefit from treatment.

Symptoms are - heaviness at the pelvis/ urinary retention or leak/ difficulty to have bowel movement/ pain/ tissue protruding in vagina/ symptoms worsen as day progresses.

In your case as you have urge to go to bathroom and nurse having a doubt of prolapse - I would get a repeat evaluation by the doctor {with you contracting the pelvic muscles or bear down as if having bowel movement}. This will make prolapse more prominent and thus help in diagnosis. I would also get few investigations like ultrasound of abdomen {to look for kidneys, bladder and post void residue}/ urodynamic study to know the severity.

Till than - avoid constipation {have more of fiber in diet}/ avoid strong cough/ stay well hydrated/ avoid heavy lifting/ perform Kegel exercise.

Wish you well.

Let me know if you want me to explain anything in more detail. If you feel the need to click either " Bad service" or "Helped a little", please stop and reply via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to explain more on the specific concern.

Best