Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

The doctor has found blood in my water,i have been on antibiotics

Customer Question

The doctor has found blood in my water,i have been on antibiotics for a week & i went back to him today 15/4/13,i have an appointment at the hospital on the 22/4/13 to have a cavitor put in & then they will look at my bladder, i also have been having lower abdomen pains like irratable bowl syndrome
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am busy with a patient. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Blood in the urine can be an indication of a urine infection, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.