Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

my penis does not erect normal ...

Customer Question

my penis does not erect normal ...
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Are you unable to get an erection? More explanation would help.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Erectile dysfunction or ED occurs when a man cannot get an erection or cannot keep it long enough to function sexually.

Problems getting or keeping an erection can be a sign of a health problem that needs treatment, like heart disease or diabetes. Treating the underlying problem could be enough to reverse the erectile dysfunction.

You will want to see your Dr to rule out medical causes of ED first. Then you can explore options for treatment.

Viagra and Cialis, as well as other drugs can be used to treat ED. You may not be able to take them if you use Nitrates for a heart condition or certain blood pressure medications. Viagra works in about a 4 hour window. Cialis may work up to 36 hours, depending on the type prescribed.

I hope this information is helpful to you.