Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Dear Dr. I want to take up cycling as part of exercise and

Customer Question

Dear Dr.

I want to take up cycling as part of exercise and mode of getting to work, but i am hesitant because i have suffered from urethral stricture in past (unrelated to cycling) & can not help wondering weather cycling will cause any further problems.

could you kindly advise
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.

24 is a too young an age to get a stricture.So naturally you cannot afford to get another one.

Cycling per se will not cause any new stricture.But cycling accidents can cause them.

So there is no harm in cycling to your work as long as it is a safe & a smooth ride.

Use well padded seats and avoid bumps and holes.

Dr.Tharun