Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

why do testicles shrink in size and go back up into the body

Customer Question

why do testicles shrink in size and go back up into the body and the penis also shrinks ? and then there,s times when its perfect. have this problem most of my life but its getting worse. i suffer from asthma and would use steroids at times and i,ve heard steroids affect testosterone levels in the body ..is this true ??? and how do you correct this problem ?? is the problem testosterone levels are wrong ??
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.

Is this an intermittent problem or a constant thing?

Are you gaining fat over the lower abdomen?

Have you checked your testosterone levels?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its intermittent for now but getting worse...am a little over weight so hard to know if im gaining fat....15 stone now...didn't get testosterone levels checked.....having an ultra sound done this next week on the lower abdomen.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when can I expect ur reply ????

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I didn't get an answer....just more questions and I replied
HI

As the age advances the male reproductive organs become smaller due to decreased testosterone production in the body as well as decreased testosterone receptors in these organs.

This problem is worsened when we gain weight , because it increases the fat over these organs and makes it appear buried.
Steroids can affect the testosterone levels , but it needs to be checked.

So get your testosterone levels checked and if it is low then it should be supplemented in the form of creams.That can reverse the problem to some extent.

Another measure you can follow is weight reduction which will reduce the reduce the fat around these organs and can improve the condition.

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have seen online where you could take zinc and vitamin d supplements too improve the problem such as some fish oils.....is that true ??? and thanks for your help

HI

There is no harm in taking these supplements and they are generally good for health.So you may notice some improvment.

But you should combine it with exercises and weight loss too.

Dr.Tharun