DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What effects a person if more protein is discharged through

Customer Question

What effects a person if more protein is discharged through urine?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from ja
What medical problems do you have?
What medicines are you on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Doctor,

I am quite disappointed with your response.

My question was very simple and in general nature ("What effects a person if more protein is discharged through urine?") I have also stated that "No medications except some urine tests and blood tests and ultra sound. a biopsy May be required and it will done shortly".

Before I pay $ 38/- I have seen a note in your web that "the expert is waiting to answer your question". But even after 72 hours you are not in a position to answer and asking me to wait!.

Please cancel my question and cancel my registration and return $.38/- to my Credit card account.

Thank you and Best Regards

Noorudheen

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.

Your question was not answered in another category and then I was alerted to it.

I have not answered your question yet.

You had stated "no medications except some urine and blood tests..." which really does not make sense and thus needed to be clarified, hence I asked. That is what we call an information request, so that I can answer your question better. I have nothing to do with the 72 hour delay, that is a site issue. I took the late question in order to try and help you.

Your question did not state if you have medical problems or not, hence I asked..this is needed to know.

The top two causes of protein in the urine are high blood pressure and diabetes.
Protein would be a reflection of these.

If not, then intrinsic kidney disease, which is usually autoimmune, and this requires a biopsy. If it is a large amount of protein, this is called nephrotic syndrome. It requires the intervention of a nephrologist and a biopsy for diagnosis, there are all types...some are highly treatable usually with steroids or other immune altering medications. Some are not highly treatable, hence the need for the biopsy.

A commonality in most cases is the need for a low protein diet and ACE inhibitor medications. These help slow the destructive process.

As I said, I did not give you an answer before as I needed information from you, which took about 7 hours. We might be on different time frames. The initial delay is because no one else took your question. I took it as soon as I was alerted to it.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.