Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

HIV related question due to recent events!

Customer Question

Hi, roughly 2 months ago i had sex with a transgender prostitute(anal intercourse). i wore a condom but it tore. As soon as i realized this i pulled out and continued with a fresh condom and ejaculated. There was no tear in the 2nd condom. A day or two after the incident i had a burning sensation at the tip of my urethra(no discharge) and i went to see a doctor who put me on a course of antibiotics for a week. The discomfort went away during this period. I was still worried so i went for a blood test a month after for std's and HIV. The test came out negative for everything. I'm aware of the window period for HIV and im still worried despite the negative results. There is a chance i might have intercourse next month. Is it safe if i use protection? I dont want to infect anyone if i do have something. Am i worrying unnecessarily?Should i not worry anymore? Please help. Thank you.

Category: Urology