Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have urinary hesitation.My bladder refuses to empty properly

Customer Question

I have urinary hesitation.My bladder refuses to empty properly .I t is painful dragging this urine around.It is difficult to go out for long. This bladder is ruling & ruining my life. This came on due to stress. Never had a problem before in my life not even cystitis.I am post menapause. Please can you help me? Of course I have great frequency too. Over to you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you diabetic?

Have you seen a urologist to have a test called urodynamics to determine why the bladder is not working (it is definitely not due to stress)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am not a diabetic

I have seen a urologist who stretched my bladder and urethra.He made me housebound & 10 times worse. He also sent off a small area of my bladder for examination. Nothing was revealed and there no bacteria.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Do you catheterize yourself now?

Did you have the urodynamics test done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

I do not catheterise.NoI have not had the urodynamics test done.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Have they out you on any oral medication to stop the spasms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
It sounds to me like you probably have a condition known as overactive bladder and this is due to bladder spasms. I would recommend that your urologist consider putting you on medication designed to stop these bladder spasms such as oxybutynin. They may want to consider doing this test called urodynamics which is like an EKG for your bladder to prove that this is the condition that you have. He's all medications are highly effective and are designed to specifically stop the problem that you have. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.