DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Is there an effective homeopathic remedy for BPH, please? Many

Customer Question

Is there an effective homeopathic remedy for BPH, please?
Many thanks in advance,
Ian.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this question

Yes, there is evidence that saw palmetto is helpful

Many studies support this and it has been used for many years for prostate enlargement

I recommend discussing with your doctor before starting of course

I would use the lipophilic extract 320 mg per day
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.

Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

Saw palmetto is not a homeopathic remedy. It is an Herbal remedy.

Homeopathic remedies are ultra high dilutions, as I am sure you know, and have nothing to do with a preparation such as saw palmettto.

In addition there is no such thing as a single remedy that is "for" a condition. There are several dozen possible remedies for prostate problems, and then several dozen more. If you tell me more detail I can tell you the remedies most widely used.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.