DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

HiIt seems that a night time, I get to go to the bathroom

Customer Question

It seems that a night time, I get to go to the bathroom from once to three times. Up to one year ago I was only getting up once, but now it seems to get worse. A year ago I started having foamy urine not every day but sometimes. I did urine test, blood test, kidney ultrasound and cystoscopy and everything was fine. After about few weeks of these procedures I Started waking up at night more often. During the day I am fine, I use the bathroom maybe three times a day and I drink about 1.5L of water. Could be stress related or what ? Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
It can be related to a spasmodic bladder, which might be aggravated by stress.

A medication such as vesicare might help this, but you should first return to the urologist, and see if you need urodynamic studies which measure bladder function. This is not a simple cystoscopy.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please don't forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was wondering why this only happens at night time. During the day I go the bathroom at 8am and most of the times I will not go until 1-2pm. if it was spasmodic bladder should the same happen during the day?

Also I noticed sometimes that if I run fast on the treadmil I have the need to urinate, but it goes away once I walk on the treadmil or I finish the run.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
It is quite common when lying down, for unknown reasons , to have this act up.
Or after running on a treadmill.

Emptying the bladder before going to med and not drinking 2 hours before sleep can help.