Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

did my childhood circumcision ruin my life?

Customer Question

basically i had circumcision done on me when i was 6 years old and i think they messed it up. After i had it done i started loosing a lot of weight and my skin complexion changed.I also started to loose my appetite and my personality became less alive than before and i was diagnosed as having depression only at 13. My penis has remained fairly small and has definantly not grown since around the age of ten.Also i was very tall and big for my age before i had circumcision, however i stopped growing very early aged 13 and i remain only 5tf8 and a thin child like physique .my dad is 6ft and my mum is 5ft4.i am now 30 but look like im around 19.. my brain does not function like it did before and i am less intelligent now as an adult. i think there is something wrong with my circumcision because my penis does not function sexually now.I only can get an erection in a certain way and when i do do get one, it points down. Basically there is a lot of scaring on my penis and 2 lines of scarring from the bottom going straight up, i get no pleasure from stroking my penis up and down , i think they have taken of to much skin. could the damage to my penis have messed up my development and growth?

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.

The deformity of the penis could be due to the faulty circumcision and the pointing down is typical of excessive skin removal .This is also known as peno-scrotal web.This can be corrected surgically.

But deformity of the penis has nothing to do with physical and mental development.It is no way related to other body functions.Your development and growth was not damaged by the surgical procedure in the childhood.

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

then why hasnt my penis grown longer or bigger since age 10 ? and apart from taking off the excess skin all round, what do you think he has done with the two scar lines that start at the bottom and finish at the top?

HI

Can you send in a picture exposing the scar lines ?

You can use the insert image option in the reply box.

Dr.Tharun