Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Hi.. one week ago i had went to the toilet and a lot of strain

Customer Question

Hi.. one week ago i had went to the toilet and a lot of strain as passing my stools, then an hour or so later i was getting a sharpish pain in my left testicle mostly when walking & 24 hours the pain was gone now i get little pains through the day that last a few seconds.. & the testicle got like a grape sized lump at the bottom and has looked swollen also i feel my testicles moving about alot now when i never noticed this before and can see them moving up and down when i look at them. Can you please tell me what this is?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 3 years ago.

HI

Most probably you could have strained the lower abdominal muscles which are connected to the testicles also known as cremaster. Sometimes you can pop a vessel due to excessive straining and a small blood lump can form there.

This cremaster muscle is responsible for the movement of the testicle up and down. when it contracts this pulls the testicle up and it comes down when they relax.

This muscle is now irritable due to the injury which might be the reason for excessive movements of the testicle.

Usually this should come down with rest and medications. If the lump fails to go, you should see your doctor who can order an ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis.

Avoid straining at all cost. Take a stool softener or laxative till this problem subsides.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Dr.Tharun