Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

After passing urine,I find that I then need to go again,and

Customer Question

After passing urine,I find that I then need to go again,and when wiping after,find even more urine needs to escape,Why is this?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

How long have you had this problem now?

Do you leak urine when you get the urge to urinate or when you cough or sneeze or laugh?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have had this problem for a few months now,and yes,coughing and laughing do give me

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
This sounds to me like you probably have bladder spasms due to a condition called overactive bladder. This can cause you to feel like you need to urinate or you can have persistent leakage of urine that is associated with the urge to urinate. This is a very common problem in women your age and it is very treatable with medications that are designed to stop bladder spasms. One such medication is called oxybutynin. Another one is called Sanctura. I would recommend that you see your doctor for an examination and to consider this diagnosis as the cause of your symptoms. Hope this helps.