Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

i have a lump under the skin on the shaft of my penis, its

Customer Question

i have a lump under the skin on the shaft of my penis, its movable but seems attached to the skin. iv had it as long as i can remember but recently it has started causing discomfort
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.

HI

There could be many diagnosis for this lump like a cyst, lipoma, calcification etc. But since it is freely mobile and had been there for a long time , it seems like benign condition. If it was some cancer or tumor it would not have remain stable for so long.

Since it is causing discomfort recently, better to see a doctor and confirm the diagnosis. If you keep on touching the lump repeatedly it will be inflamed and cause pain due to irritation. So avoid repeated touching.

If the pain is due to some infection in the swelling, then a course of antibiotic will take care of it.

I hope this helps you.

Dr.Tharun