Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am really concerned about my kidney. I have had pain there

Customer Question

I am really concerned about my kidney. I have had pain there for five days. I have, this morning, been diagnosed with pyelonephritis. I have a burning feeling in my lower back. I have had three urinary tract infections in the past month. Each gradually worse. I have had a rising pain in my right side, at the front which resulted in incontinence. I was prescribed Timetroprim for this on Sunday. I then woke with heart pain and a pulsing heart and shivering. This prescription was changed on Monday, to Ciprofloxacin. I work in a hospital and was told by my boss that if you get to the renal problems sooner they can be fixed. I don't understand why I have not been referred to hospital as I have had diarrohea for seven days now. This morning my stool colour changed to dark brown, almost black and green. My bladder pain has been improved but my back pain is worse
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrDLove replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
It will help for you to provide some further information:
Have you had any fever with these symptoms?
Did they say that all of the blood tests were normal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have felt more cold than hot, but yes taking layers off and putting them on. Mild fever.

The blood tests were normal apart from the anaemia

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mild hot and cold symptoms. Mostly cold. Temp: 35.4 (underarm).

As far as I am aware the blood tests only revealed anaemia (slight).