Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

Hi- my has a recurring rash on the head, from slightly

Customer Question

Hi- my penis has a recurring rash on the head, from slightly pink to angry red. It's been like this for 10 years but only every few months but recently more frequently. It occurs in the same places and is a little itchy. It's quite often there in the morning but doesn't appear to be linked to having sex.

A mild antiseptic like Savlon gets rid of it, but it comes back a few days later.

It's not an STD nor thrush.

I thought it might be an allergy but can't see any patterns

Help please!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

sorry about your penile rash.

Dr. David :

if the rash is quite often in the morning, your penis head could be irritated by your underwear irritated while you sleep.

Dr. David :

this can happen when you have erections at night time and roll around in bed at night when you sleep.

Dr. David :

this is most likely a contact dermatitis.

Dr. David :

the fabric in your underwear or on your mattress might be irritating your penile skin.

Dr. David :

I am glad that Savlon gets rid of it.

Dr. David :

are you circumcised?

Dr. David :

are you washing under the foreskin with warm soapy water daily?

JACUSTOMER-d8m6bqwa- :

I'm not circumcised and I do wash well daily

JACUSTOMER-d8m6bqwa- :

Is there a more permanent treatment?

Dr. David :

you might want to try to change the fabric of your underwear or sheet covers on your bed.

Dr. David :

but it doesn't sound like something that is abnormal if it is going on for 10 years on and off.

Dr. David :

it sounds like mild occasional urethritis which can happen from time to time.

JACUSTOMER-d8m6bqwa- :

is there any medication for urethritis?

Dr. David :

usually most urethritis is viral

Dr. David :

any bacterial urethritis seems like it is taken care of by your antibiotic cream savlon.

Dr. David :

but there are no treatments for viral urethritis.

Dr. David :

which is inflammation of the urethra

Dr. David :

do you have any other questions?

JACUSTOMER-d8m6bqwa- :

that's great, thank you

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions

Dr. David :

if done, please leave +++ positive feedback below

Dr. David :

you might have to scroll down to see the feedback area.

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions

Dr. David :

here is my webiste

Dr. David :

site

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

positive feedback is how we get credit for helping clients here

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.co.uk

Dr. David :

do you see the feedback area below?