Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

My ex woke up with what looks like a that has been in

Customer Question

My ex woke up with what looks like a penis that has been in a fight. It is black and blue and so are his balls. He describes the pain as being similar to having slept badly on it. It is a large penis.

He recently had a urinary tract infection and was on antibiotics. There is a minor discolouration in his water which is very dark in colour. It smells of ammonia and as he fails to flush, if left overnight it would make an effective chemical weapon.

He is on Omeprazole, Lyrica and some other pills to keep his brain functioning.

He is alarmed, I am horrified.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 3 years ago.
HI

Did he have injury or fall or an accident recently?

Is the penis and the scrotum very painful and warm?

History of rough sexual intercourse?

Does he have a fever ?

Is he diabetic?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No idea if my reply went through or not!?!

No injury apart from it looking like it's been in a fight and lost.

Penis and balls are not in the pain you would expect from the way they look. There is a pain but not significant. Not warm to touch.

No rough sexual intercourse, in fact, none. Rarely wanks.

No fever and not diabetic.

Such change in color can come only from blood under the skin of the penis. This happens either in an injury or infection. Infection with such changes is usually very sympotomatic - fever, warmth, pain etc are commonly seen.
Since he doesn't have any of these symptoms infection may not be the cause, but cannot be ruled out completely since he had an urinary infection recently.

Injury again is very obvious when we undergo. Sometimes there could be inadvertant injury like mild fall from the chair or bed without remembering later. This usually happens when the impact is over the buttocks region.

If he really cannot think of any incidents which could have injured that region, we are forced to suspect infection as the cause.In that case he should see his doctor as soon as possible.It may be an aftermath of the infection he recently had which may settle of its own, but it is important that he see his doctor and confirms that there is no infection at present which needs treatment.

Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bruising less noticeable and might be able to get him to pee in a pot on Monday unless it falls off or rots between now and then.

Thanks for the assistance.

HI

Glad to hear that it is improving. But such a condition is rarely seen without any reason. If you can take him to a doctor, it would shed some light about why it happened and in the best interest of him.

Take care.

Dr.Tharun.