Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

hi my partner is seriously suffering from two lumps severe

Customer Question

hi my partner is seriously suffering from two lumps severe pain and swelling in his left testicle if for whatever reason my partner does not orgasm within an hour he is in agony. he is waiting results from a camera inserted into his penis he has had a uti and in the last 3 months he has had 4 lots of anti biotics but one lump is now two and the pain is worse what is going on down there please help. many thanks Tracey.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 3 years ago.

Are the lumps separate from the testicle or on the testicle?

Has he done any scan on these lumps?

Does he fever or chills ?

Is he diabetic ?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for late reply worked the night shift with no signal. the two lumps are inside his testicle and he had a scan two weeks ago

What did the scan result say ?

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the guy doing the scan said he couldn't see anything abnormal and he gets all the results Monday 18th November. I don't think its cancer unless its prostate but surley this wouldn't cause so much pain if he dosent orgasm? he did orgasm this morning and the pain and swelling has subsided.

But the lumps can be felt easily?

Where exactly is the pain - in the testicles or abdomen?

Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the pain is in the left testicle and the two lumps can be felt even when swollen.

HI

This sounds like an infection of the testicle / prostate. Infection of the prostate can easily spread to the testicles as they are connected.

Testicular infection would give such severe pain and swelling. Sometimes the block in the urine passage can cause reverse pressure leading to infection in prostate and testicles. That may be reason for the scopy done on him which can easily find out if there is narrowing of the tube or not.

If it is infection then he must be on antibiotics to treat it. But such recurrent infections may have an underlying reason like narrowing of the tube. So correcting the root cause will resolve this issue too.

Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs will help with the pain.Drink plenty of water and cranberry juice which are protective against infections. If he is not antibiotics then request your doctor to start one till a diagnosis is made.

Dr.Tharun.