robertfernando
robertfernando, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  M.B.B.S.
8493425

Hi there ive just noticed some tiny spots around the head of

Customer Question

Hi there ive just noticed some tiny spots around the head of my penis i dont know saw my site nurse he said it shouldnt be much to worry. there not sore or sensitive just sometimes irritated and itchy.
Category: Urology
Expert:  robertfernando replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.

The most probable cause of tiny spots around head of penis is most probably due to a condition called Fordyce spots.They are painless but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted – which they are not!

They are abnormally dilated blood vessels,covered by thickened skin.Another possibility is of angiofibromas.They are Pearly papules & are not infectious and require no treatment.

Both the conditions are self limiting & don't require any treatment & it is not an STD.So there is nothing concern about this.Just keep an eye of observation.I agree with your nurse.

SO bottom line is that I advice you just watch your symptoms & within few days these spots will disappear on its own.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so what causes it to itch every now and than and its slightly red around the pee hole is this normal?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.
I am happy to help you.

Although you do not have any other symptom of a sexually transmitted disease,I do not think this to be an STD.

This itching & irritation can be due to mild infection that can also cause redness around pee hole.

You can apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are antibiotic creams that will help cure itching & irritation.It is available as OTC without prescription.

If sill after this the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor for examination & tests like:blood & urine tests to know any underlying condition & hence the treatment with oral medications accordingly.

So for now,I advise you to use the above described cream & hopefully this will cure the symptoms.

Hope this helped.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i work in a hot environment to could that be a cause and tight clothing, the site nurse has givin me Iblex 500 antibiotics for it. i have had an sti test done and blood all that at least nearly 2 months ago cause i had unprotected sex, all negative than 2 weeks later the urine test all negative i havent had sex for about 2 months now.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Yes,as you have the STD tests & they were negative.Also the urine tests were negative & none of your symptoms direct towards an STD.

So I do not think that these symptoms can be due to an STD.

Yes,as you work in hot environment & use tight clothing,this can be the probable cause of your mild irritation & itching.There can be super added bacterial infection.

I think first you should apply topical antibiotic.This usually cures the irritation & infection.If not,then you can take oral antibiotics like Iblex 500mg.

Hope this helped

Also please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so i have nothing to worry about this to much just wear loose clothing and take the antibiotics cause im actually away at the moment but i fly home this friday, but its funny cause the redness and all that just pretty much goes away completely after ive had a shower too. so this is all normal and should have nothing to worry about?

Dear customer
Thank you for replying back.

I am happy to help you further.

Yes,wear loose fitting clothes,avoid hot environment for next few days & avoid garments made from synthetic materials.

Apply the local antibiotic to cure the symptoms.Oral antibiotics can be taken accordingly.It will help you greatly.

There is nothing to worry here & there is nothing serious here.

And please do not forget to rate my service once you have all the information you need.If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Robert