DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i am always dehydrated (thirsty, yellow urine, cloudly, hard

Customer Question

i am always dehydrated (thirsty, yellow urine, cloudly, hard to pass, infrequent) this has been going on for about a year now, and seems to be getting worse. It started slowly, when i noticed decreases in my urine output, then the colour changed. The urine i pass now is smelly, cloudly and is generally of a dark colour.

I have also noticed that the veins on my penis have become more prominient/swollen since this feeling of dehydration began.

I have always drunk a lot of water (3ltrs a day), and used to pass clear urine throughout the day. I do not drink alot of alcohol and i do not take any illict drugs.

I have been tested for diebeties, kidney function and numerous other blood tests and they return ok.

I think it possibly could be related to another ongoing medical issue i have.

I also have a problem with irregular bowel movements,( stomach cramps, abdominal pain, constipation, loose stool, hard stool, the pressence of a lot of bile in stool) and wonder in my dehydration has something to do with this (this condition is currently undiagonsed aswell).

I don't know if this matters but i had a thyroid test and it revealed a high level of antibodies in my body.

Please can you help?

I do not expect you to have all the answers, but i would like to know if there is a link between the two,and if you could point me in a new direction?

Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
ON the thyroid test, what is your TSH value?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have the records. I was intially diagonised with a thyroid condition, after i presented these issues to a GP. I was taking thyroxine for 4months, i was advised by another GP to stop taking thyroxine. A later test revealed my thyroid is functipning normally, although i have a very high level of antibodies.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would disagree
Normal has changed
Anything over 2.5 for TSh can be considered hypothyroid.
Normal is still up to 4.5 or 5 for most doctors, hence the confusion of your other GP.

Your next step should be an exact check of the TSH value, which should be between .3 and 2.5.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please to not forget a positive rating.