Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Premature Ejaculation

I wanted to ask about the best cure for premature ejaculation. My PE could be in 60 seconds

Just to inform you. I have read a lot online and learnt about masters Johnson and gels and drugs for depression and others..

But I want to know the real good treatment and don't want to use condoms. Thank you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

There are several treatment options for premature ejaculation (PE). The medications you can take are one of several selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac), and dapoxetine to help delay ejaculation. These have to be prescribed by a doctor. The other option is the squeeze technique. This is done as follows:

Step 1. Begin sexual activity as usual, including stimulation of the penis, until you feel almost ready to ejaculate.
Step 2. Have your partner squeeze the end of your penis, at the point where the head (glans) joins the shaft, and maintain the squeeze for several seconds, until the urge to ejaculate passes.
Step 3. After the squeeze is released, wait for about 30 seconds, then go back to foreplay. You may notice that squeezing the penis causes it to become less erect, but when sexual stimulation is resumed, it soon regains full erection.
Step 4. If you again feel you're about to ejaculate, have your partner repeat the squeeze process.

You can also try psychotherapy to help delay ejaculation. This approach, also known as counseling or talk therapy, involves talking with a mental health provider about your relationships and experiences. These talk sessions can help you reduce performance anxiety or find effective ways of coping with stress and solving problems.

Topical anesthetic creams containing lidocaine or prilocaine dull the sensation on the penis to help delay ejaculation. Applied a short time before intercourse, these creams are wiped off when your penis has lost enough sensation to help you delay ejaculation. The medication I use most for my patient is called 4% Lidocaine cream. This topical lidocaine tends to be the best form of treatment for most of my patients.You can buy this on the internet if you do a search for it. Hope this helps and please ask any other questions you may have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello.. thanks for answering..

my question though would be about these meds.. don't they affect the organs negatively on the wrong run. also i have read some wheres that their effect could be transferred to the other partner as well..

and final thing.. the squeeze practice.. is it just to hold the ejaculation at the time.. or does it make the penis enhance its ejaculation by time until at some point i don't need to practice the squeeze anymore..?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
my question though would be about these meds.. don't they affect the organs negatively on the wrong run.- No , the topical lidocaine does not affect any organs in the long run

also i have read some wheres that their effect could be transferred to the other partner as well.- Yes, the lidocaine can be transferred to the partner. That is why you need to wash it off before you penetrate for sex

and final thing.. the squeeze practice.. is it just to hold the ejaculation at the time.. or does it make the penis enhance its ejaculation by time until at some point i don't need to practice the squeeze anymore..?- It is designed to help enhance your stamina over time. But this technique alone does not have a high success rate. It usually has to be used along with topical lidocaine.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.