Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I was recently diagnosed with a Stage 3 CKD as a result of

I was recently diagnosed with a Stage 3 CKD as a result of abnormal kidney function and high creatinine levels after a number of Blood and Urine tests over a period of 5 months. My blood pressure is okay, and i am not diabetic. Also my Kidneys do not leak protein and neither was blood found in my urine. Although there are other concerns such as a slight discolouration of my kidney(Scan results). I was expecting and was also told by my Gp that i might need to be referred to a Nephrologist, who will advice on life style changes and management of the Kidney disease.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Can I answer any specific questions regarding the info you provided?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a 32 YEARS old Male. My last Results showed creatinin at 127 and eGFR at 58.

My qyestion is, why am i being reffered to a Urologist and not a Nephrologist?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
I don't know why they are referring you to a urologist. It sounds to me like you would need a nephrologist instead to figure out why your GFR is a bit low for your age. A urologist is not going to be able to help you with this. Hope this helps.