Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hi,I have a question about a lesion on an MRI of the groin.*Note:I

Customer Question

I have a question about a lesion on an MRI of the groin.

*Note:I am a 35 yo male, 93 kilos (lost 35 kgs in 2 years dieting).

I had an MRI for ongoing abdominal and groin pain. My GP wrote a referral for an abdominal/pelvis MRI for RUQ pain (confirm Hepatic Haemangioma) and right side groin pain.

The radiologist provided a report of the pelvic region. The report was an in depth description of the hip (joint muscle region), but the report was without any reference to the groin or inguinal area (lymph nodes etc). I am not sure why the radiologist didn't mention the groin area as this is where the pain is. Maybe it was clinically obsolete, I am a bit lost!

My GP is going to contact the radiologist next week to discuss the report further.

My main reason for posting here is to ask what an area of interest (possible lesion) might be on my MRI films. Obviously I am just a patient and have very little medical insight but from looking at the MRI films it looks like the area of concern may be in the region of the superficial inguinal lymph nodes (not Subinguinal). I as just wondering if the nodes (indeed if they are nodes) look normal etc.

Here is a link to an MRI image with an arrow pointing to the lesion I am describing (lesion looks bilateral): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85Q7mG6UqkIclBMd3h1Wm1Wc1U/edit?usp=sharing

I have also added the MRI slice image set as well and report to my public Google Drive folder, link below:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B85Q7mG6UqkIWUdtMElWbTk1bms&usp=sharing

I really hope someone can give me some explanation.

Kind regards,
Craig.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal.

No I haven't found an answer yet. I can wait for an expert.

Did I post in the right category? I was thinking inguinal problems would fall under eurology. Is that correct? Maybe oncologists may have a better idea about lesions?

Can the image of the mri be easily accessed by experts? I wasn't sure how to add images.

Is my question a bit out side of the normal theme of the website?

Cheers,

Craig.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Shantal,

I might leave the question. I haven't had any answers yet anyway. I'll just have to see my doctor in a few days, on Friday.

So please don't allow an expert to answer this, just so I don't get charged.

Thanks anyway,

Craig.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have canceled my subscription.

Please delete or stop this question.