Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

my wife has a catheter fitted about 18 months- recently it

my wife has a catheter fitted about 18 months- recently it has popped out twice I was checking tonight and noticed a black nodule coming out of the urethral next to the cath pipe
I will phone the district nurse and leave a message and the doctors tomorrow morning -but wondered if it is serious enough to phone emergency-thanks mike--PS my wife has a form of vascular dementia-she cannot tell you if she is in pain or uncomfortable -.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

This black nodule may possibly be a blood clot if it just appeared. If she does not seem to be any any sort of distress, this can probably wait until the morning. I can't determine what this is without being able to see it. But if she continually has a problem with the catheter becoming dislodged, this may have caused some bleeding and led to a blood clot. Hope this helps.