Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hi! I think I had penile trauma 2.5 months ago.with vigorius

Customer Question

Hi! I think I had penile trauma 2.5 months ago.with vigorius intercourse I felt like small electrical shock down below glans and stopped imediatelly. I was expecting things to resolve on theyr own but that didnt happen.I have developed more serious symptoms each day.Now such as Penile coldness pins and needles,pain in urethra especially day after intercourse and many other symptoms such as pain radiating down to legs and funny enough in feet toe, and buttocks thighs etc.Also have some pain in lower back.Pain is also present in other areas such as pelvis floor but thats maybe once or twice a day.Somethimes pain is present in pubic area as well and that is at least 4-5 times a day.Somethimes recenly when I urinate penis bend to left or right side as it is in state between full erection an flaccid which hapens since injury.I have to urinate very often somethimes as 4 times in 2 hours so i had to reduce water intake.Most upsetting is burning feeling down the shaft and glans ,coldness that is so unpleasant especially if sitting.I just want to say that I have been tested for STD's and that all came clear.Thanks!I am 40 with no diabetes.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Have you seen your doctor for a prostate exam and a urine culture?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Urine yes Prostate is enlarged for the last 4 years but they say its benign.Yes I did have to urinate somethimes at night and could feel pain iside where prostate is but it was nothing like this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi! you there?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like you may have an infection of the prostate called prostatitis. This can cause all of the symptoms that you describe. You need to get in to see your doctor or a urologist for a prostate exam and another urine culture and you may need to be started on an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin for 30 days to treat this infection. You can take ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation of the prostate that is causing the pain. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear dr. With all due respect I had prostate problems for a very long time.And this one is completely bad.I Had twice so far appering of painfull varicose veins on glans of penis totally unprovoked.Beside my pain is worse after intercourse and only in first 24 hours after intercourse My penis is not cold but completely on the contrary it is inflamed like hot and I don't fell much pain but than after some hours everything starts to go back cold, and painfull.Also I just finished 7 days of antybiotics and that didn't help a bit.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Prostatitis takes at least 30 days of antibiotics to treat. Prostatitis can cause these types of symptoms and your penis. I would highly recommend that your doctor consider treating you for prostatitis to see if this resolves your symptoms.