Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have frequent bladder infections.

I have frequent bladder infections and recently had a hysterectomy. I have had occasional darkened urine that scares me in the past few monhts. My doctor doesn't think it is anything to worry about. I have also had a bit of vaginal bleeding and soreness....

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Have you been dehydrated wehn you noticed the dark urine?

Do youhave a history of smoking?

Did they detect any blood in the urine when they have tested your urine in the past?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't smoke, I have not had blood in the urine, but I did have a papilloma in my 20s. THey biopsied my bladder a few motnsh ago and said it was OK

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.

OK. THen in this case, the dark urine is most likely from dehydration.

Did they take your ovaries out when they did the hysterectomy?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No they left the ovaries but this darkened urine while not all the time scares me to death....I am scared its bladder cancer. Doctor has "dipped" my urine for blood and said there was noene. I might be getting some bleeding form the vulva but not sure I think it is in the urine...

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
If there is no blood and there was no tumor seen on your recent cystoscopy, then this dark urine is not from a bladder tumor. It is most liekly from dehydration. You need to drink enough water to make your urine clear and this can take up to 4-6 galsses of water per day. Hope this helps.