Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am a 25 year old fit and healthy man. But from May last year

Customer Question

I am a 25 year old fit and healthy man. But from May last year I begin to realise my semen appeared to be less thick. If I have sexual intercourse or masturbate frequently (more than twice a day it is almost clear. Of course if I leave it a few days it goes back to white. But even then if feel I am not ejaculating as much and parts of it are watery. I am sure this is nothing to worry about. But I feel self-concious and worry I have a low sperm count or even infertile. As I said it does definitely go back to white after 48 hours but a few "spirts" (apologies for the crudity) towards the end of the orgasm are clear. Is there anything to worry about? Again it was more thick are year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Do you have any pain when you urinate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there is no noticable pain when I urinate. Oliver

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
In this case, there is nothing wrong with what you are seeing. Your semen is less cloudy and white when you ejaculate frequently becuase there is less sperm in the semen when you ejaculate frequently. If you ejacualte every 3-5 days instead, then your semen should look normal when you ejaculate. It takes your body a couple days to restore your sperm counts to make the semen white again. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, the only issue is that there has been a noticeable change. Before I could ejaculate often and it would look normal. Could there be a problem with my fertility?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
No. This is not a sign of problems with your fertility. If you are trying to conceive and cannot do so in a year, then you may need a semen analysis to see if you have sperm count problems.