Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have had a test

Customer Question

I have had a urine test and it showed I had a reading of below 1 for blood (I don't know what below 1 means). The doctor said that running or physical activity can course this, I do a bit of lifting and operating machinery in my job as a landscaper and I had a sports massage on the bottom of my back the night before. I was told there's nothing to worry about with such a low count. I did have a urine test a couple of months ago that was clear.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Your doctor is correct. Strenuous activity or exercise can cause slight blood in the urine. You have a very small amount of microscopic blood in the urine. This is nothing to be concerned about and nothing needs to be done except to stay well hydrated. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your answer.
I haven't been jogging or go to the gym. Could the professional massage for my lower back the night before caused this. Or lifting and holding gardening equipment. I'm sorry for being a pain but I would just like to know what could cause this.

Paul
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
No. None of those activities likely caused this blood. It may just be some slight bleeding from the prostate for no reason at all. But this very small amount of bleeding is common and is of no concern.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doctor,
I think I may have chronic epididymitis. The doctor noticed inflammation on the epididymis along with pain on touching. I also have aching in my inner top thighs (ligaments), hips and bottom of my back. The doctor has checked my scrotum and found nothing. I'm getting up once a night to urinate every night. I was screened for infection and found nothing. I have been prescribed antibiotics. Can you please help on this issue.

Paul
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Epididymitis is due infection of the epididymis. If this is the case, then you need to have a urine culture done to try to identify the bacteria and then be placed on antibiotics for 2-3 weeks. You should take ibuprofen to help stop the inflammation as well. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've been suffering from anxiety over the last few months. I don't know if this is anything connected but I have been getting up to urinate once or twice on a night. I'm not sleeping very well. A ultrasound scan of my urinery tract showed pooling of the bladder, could this be causing me to get up during the night.

Paul
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
The anxiety should not be causing this. If you are not emptying your bladder completely, this can cause you to get up multiple times at night. It sounds like you need to get into see a urologist for an examination to determine why you are not emptying your bladder.