Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have found some small lumps in the side of my penis. They

Customer Question

I have found some small 'lumps' in the side of my penis.
They are in the main body of flesh beneath the skin, and feel like 2 or 3 grains of rice trapped in a vein.
They have been there about a month now.
Should i see my GP
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

The sound like possible blood clots in the vein on your penis. This can occur from vigorous masturbation or prolonged erection. These are not harmful. They will typically go away on their own in six or eight months. Nothing can be done to make them go away sooner. I would recommend that you see a urologist if possible for an examination. If you cannot get in to see a urologist, you can start with your general practitioner for an exam to confirm that this is what you have. Hope this helps.