Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

my creatine levels go up and down what causes this?

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

The creatinine levels fluctuate normally on a daily basis. It changes based on how well hydrated you are. This is normal and if nothing to worry about as long as the levels remain in the normal range. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What are normal levels for a 41 year old male?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
The units of measurement for creatinine are different in the United States where I am located as compared to where you are. But for aim man your age, in the United States, the creatinine level should be below 1.2-1.5. I don't know what the conversion factor is for the UK. Your doctor will know this information or you can look at it on your lab results sheet that you may have received.