Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

is there any cure or tips for an over active bladder?

Customer Question

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Have you been placed on any medications for overactive bladder by your primary doctor (such as oxybutynin)?

How do you know you have an overactive bladder? This is not common in men.

What symptoms do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe i have an overactive bladder as i urinate at least once every hour including all during the night. i am not on any medications for overactive bladder, thanks

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Okay. The easiest thing you can do to start is to cut out food from your diet that cause your bladder to become overactive. This includes spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine, and acidic foods such as tomato-based foods.

I would start by trying this first for several weeks to at least a couple months. If you do not see any improvements, then the next step would be to use your doctor to prescribe a medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to help stop overactive bladder symptoms. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.