Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

diagnosed with prostate cancer 12 years ago sucessfully treated

diagnosed with prostate cancer `12 years ago sucessfully treated with radiotherapy and hormone drugs. PSA currently .4 have always all my life been a frequent visitor to the WC but recently my nights sleep is interrupted by hourly visits to the loo. up to 8 times a night .. always produce some urine no incontinence or pain ... is there any thing to help I have tried all the so called miracle pills prostease etc to no effect and had my GP perscribe something called Vasecome[I think] no help atall.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
It sounds to me like you're having problems with overactive bladder that is thinking you urinate frequently during the day and night. I would recommend that your doctor put you on a medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to help stop bladder spasms. This will help to stop the amount of times you have to get up to urinate. You should discuss this option with your urologist. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.